Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Battle with Flipkart and ESET – Day 4 (THE END!)

Read these before you read further:

Battle with Flipkart and ESET
Battle with Flipkart and ESET (day 2)
Battle with Flipkart and ESET–Day 3 (Flipkart ties itself in knots)

 

I received an email from Flipkart yesterday night (November 6, 2012):

flipkart5

This was ridiculous. Why? You can see the reason in my reply:

flipkart6

There was no reply for a day.

Later in the evening, I got a call from Flipkart admitting that it was their mistake to have put the offer and to have kept it till October 31. They offered to take back the product and give a full refund. I said that was ok, but how are they going to compensate for the time I had wasted installing the product and the data downloads for the anti-virus updates. How are they going to compensate that?

He said I could keep the anti-virus and Flipkart would offer 10 per cent of the product price for it. I refused.

The executive spoke with a higher official and hiked the amount to Rs 100. I was getting bored. Moreover, Flipkart had admitted that it was their mistake, not ESET’s.

I got an email from Flipkart confirming the same.

flipkart7

So, I now keep the product and have got Rs 100 as compensation.